May 06, 2006

At Lizac - A Lizac


At Hervé and Yvette, in their home in Lizac, where we had dinner and spent a pleasant afternoon on a day trip from Toulouse. Unfortunately, Gaelle and Matthieu, Bernard's children, who were visiting their grand parents for dinner left before the photo was taken.

Chez Hervé et Yvette, chez eux à Lizac ou nous avons bien mangé et passé un agréable après-midi. Malheureusement, les enfants de Bernard, Gaelle et Matthieu qui rendaient visite a leurs grand parents sont repartis avant la photo. Nous les avons évidemment trouvés changés.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele and Terry,

I'm Scott Merry, Wayne and Cindy's son, currently working in Naples, Italy. Of course I took French through Grade 12 and was good at it then, can still read some, can understand a little if not spoken too fast and simple words used, but can speak only a little. I'm much better at Italian, I guess I'm intermediate in fluency.

My parents emailed their friend Mary McCombs suggesting you would be good contacts if she wanted to travel and try to use some French language, saying you were world travelers.

Anyway, this is all a long prelude to my question. I've got to go to Agadir, Morocco this coming weekend for a few days of work. I'm hoping to spend a couple days in Marrakesh first. I've never been to Morocco or any Arab or even any primarily French speaking country before.

It occurred to me you might have a contact in Agadir or Marrakesh you could connect me with, just maybe if I have the time and so do they we might be able to have a meal or visit for a short while, I might be able to learn a little from a local perspective about the place.

Anyway, if you have any suggestions, please do contact me at my work email: merrys@msc.naples.navy.mil, or home at poly_regent@hotmail.com. Late evenings (after 9.30 pm) you can reach my home phone at +39.081.415.086 or weekends during the day if not at home I'm on my cell +39.348.827.6174.

I'm also going to Feodosiya (Theodosiya), Ukraine, not far from Simferopol, around 26 May for a few days of work there, so if you have a contact there let me know.

Appreciate your thoughts on this, hope you're having a blast in your travels...

Scott